Thursday, November 09, 2006

My Training (part 2)

I'm still trying to shake this cold that has been hanging with me for a couple of weeks now. It started as sinus then seemed to move into my chest. Now I have an annoying smoker's cough. I've done less training trying to allow myself to recover but I can just feel myself losing fitness and getting fat.

Wednesday it was raining out. I thought that I would do some time on the rollers then do stairs. I did about 25 minutes on the rollers and could really tell that I was sick. At 150 watts my heartrate was around 130 bpm. That is WAY off from my normal. Just a few weeks ago I did some intervals at 300watts and my HR was around 130 bpm. Another recover ride at 200 watts and my HR was 115 bpm.

Based on that I decided that the stairs might not be a good idea. I plan to do a long ride on Thursday since the weather is supposed to be nice. I'll wait to decide on the tempo of the ride based on how my HR is responding.

I just hope that I can shake this thing before the training clinic, a little over a week from now. I may have to make another visit to the Dr.

No comments: