Tuesday, November 07, 2006

My Training (part 1)

Up to this point my blog has been just reporting the facts and a bit non personal. Since road racing season is over and done with I'm going to document my training leading up to the 2007 season.

I am a CAT 4. My objective through the winter is to improve my fitness to be a very competitive 4 and upgrade to a 3 by mid season (June'ish).

I've neglected a structured training program for quite some time. I began the 2006 preseason with a very structured training program that I developed from Friel's Cyclist Training Bible. But some where along the way I fell off the wagon and resorted to my typical mish mash training. I hope to not stumble this again.

I'm currently in a bit of a down time right now. I've been doing some riding trying to maintain some fitness and recover from a cold but no structure what so ever. I have also been doing a bit of running and stairs as cross training. My knees have been bothering me from the running so I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to keep that up.

As I stated in a previous post I'll be attending a training clinic by Jacob Fetty in November. I hope to talk with Jacob and establish a training schedule that will make the best use of the time that I have available in making me a better cyclist.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you're trying to peak for the OVR spring series? Me too. Good luck!

PolishPostal said...

I wouldn't say that I plan to peak for OVR Spring series but I do plan to be in good shape for them. I hope to race the 4's very competitively. Are you a 4?

Anonymous said...

I'm a cat 3