Thursday, August 03, 2006

In Need of a Kick in the a$$

Of late I've been a bit weak, mentally. I've had trouble pushing through the pain. Today's ride was another such day. This afternoon I ran across a quote from Lance Armstrong that may give me a little motivation.

"Cycling is so hard, the suffering is so intense, that it’s absolutely cleansing. The pain is so deep and strong that a curtain descends over your brain... Once, someone asked me what pleasure I took in riding for so long. ’Pleasure?’ I said. ’I don’t understand the question.’ I didn’t do it for pleasure, I did it for pain."

I'll let you know how it works out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Lance in no certain terms(among others possibly) said....that in some strange way, there is comfort in knowing that there are others that are suffering at that very moment you are. Then its a game of suffering.

a famous person said the the difference between a hero and a regular person is that a hero is braver, or suffers, or commits, or endures, or sprints just a few seconds longer than the other guy ...and its that simple